Saturday 17 November 2007

Kiwi Collapse?

Since Last Post P/L: £236.61
Monthly P/L: £262.22

.
An eventful few days has allowed me to post some respectable results but it's not all good news as the Test Match cricket trading has proved to be a bit of a learning curve.
.
When trading a new sport or a different format of the same sport (e.g. Test Matches instead of One Day Internationals) getting the timing right can often be a problem. It takes a little while to get a feel for the pace of the market and my impatience proved to be my downfall on Friday as I rushed in to trade the first day of the South Africa v New Zealand match-up. The outcome? Well, I'm now the proud owner of some mid-sized red figures that I need to turn around before the match finishes. With my eggs firmly in the 'opposing the draw' basket I'm hoping for no rain in Pretoria until Wednesday!
.
The Heineken Cup rugby has proved to be my saviour but it hurts me to say that I profited out of the miserable Welsh team performances - they really are performing poorly at the moment :-(
.
Here's my full results since Wednesday:
.
Cricket
India v Pakistan (4th ODI) = £24.18
.
Rugby Union
Newcastle v Brive = £32.36
Newport Gwent Dragons v London Irish = £47.47
Harlequins v Cardiff Blues = £2.93
Llanelli Scarlets v Wasps = £194.39
.
Tomorrow will be my last day off before returning to work on Monday so I'll be trying my best to end the holiday on a high note by trading the 5th ODI between India and Pakistan.
.

No comments:

www.stanjames.com