Thursday 29 September 2011

Taking Insurance

I've mentioned previously on this blog that I sometimes take outright positions to cover outcomes I don't necessarily want to happen.  The way I look at it is that I'm paying for the service of not having to endure a result that would be uncomfortable to bear.
.
So to all my English friends, I'm sorry to tell you I've backed England to win the Rugby World Cup!  Even though I don't think it'll happen, with the 'Northern Hemisphere' side of the draw looking like an open contest I can't take any chances...once was enough, but twice?!?
.
To be on the safe side, I've also lumped on Samoa at a big price just in case they miraculously beat Wales out of the pool ;-)
.

2 comments:

Lay Away said...

Hi Mark

Avid follower of your blog, have recently started one of my own and would really appreciate a link exchange

http://layawayforaprofitableday.blogspot.com/

Regards
Neil

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Neil,

Thanks for dropping by.

I've added your blog to my blogroll - good luck with it!

All the best,

Mark

www.stanjames.com