Monday 10 March 2008

Waiting For A Bus


Since Last Post P/L: £32.47
Monthly P/L: £241.55

Not even a huge 7 days of sporting upsets can make me a decent profit! It really has been the week of the underdog so where do I start? Castleford, Cardiff City, Barnsley, Scotland and even Wales securing the Triple Crown at Croke Park! Can you imagine getting all those on a 50p accumulator!?!
.
All these examples and yet my profit & loss has been notable for it's lack of big green numbers and it's very difficult to look on the positive side of things. Granted, a win is a win but it seems that every profitable situation I've placed myself in has turned sour.
.
I think I need to slow myself down, take the small wins when they present themselves and not get greedy. A situation I've been in many times before but it seems I'm still learning the same lessons. In fact, the more I think about it the more I realise that there's probably only a handful of trading lessons in total, only they rotate just as the last one gets forgotten.
.
Here's my results since my last post:
.
Darts
Mardle v Wade : £21.54
Lewis v Part : £24.71
.
Rugby League
Castleford v Leeds : £1.28
.
Rugby Union
Scotland v England : £7.04
France v Italy : £7.11
.
Golf
PODS Championship : £28.09
.
I'm sure this lack of progress won't continue for long, and as the title of this post suggests a flurry of nice gains will appear - I just wish they'd hurry up.
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha.... Mark....looks like you have lost your winning streak.....Get used to it mate, your formula is dated.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, Spot on with the rotation scenario! I have often thought the same thing.

The good news is that as long as you maintain your discipline the other apsects of your trading will also turn around.

Small wins...
Small losses..
Large wins...
Repeat

Nat

amorphous said...

You sum it up well Mark...relearning the same old things over and over again!

Its a phase I seem to go through every 2 or 3 weeks..treading water, nothing appears to go right.

Look on the bright side, next week you'll probably be wondering how easy it all seems again!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the betfair loser. I too keep relearning things I've already learnt. Boils down to discipline and patience with trading I think. Hope March turns itself round!

www.fourthewin.com

Mark Iverson said...

Slimfit - looks like you could be right!

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Nat,

Keeping to those four scenarios is proving pretty difficult at the moment but I'm confident I can turn things around.

Thanks for the support!

Mark

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Betfair Loser,

March has been an eventful month and it looks like I've been distracted enough to take my eyes of the ball.

Maybe a little break is called for?

All the best,

Mark

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Joe,

Normally, I'm quite good with the discipline side of things but unfortunately this hasn't applied recently.

I really have to knuckle down now if I'm to end the month in profit.

All the best,

Mark

Anonymous said...

Slimfit, do you really think that his formula is dated...? Every formula has been dated more or less, nothing for discovering... cheers

www.stanjames.com