Thursday 19 April 2012

IPL - Week 2


In comparison to week 1, for me week 2 of the IPL has been a struggle with lapses of concentration more frequent amongst the seemingly constant stream of matches. With at least 1 game a day until the latter stages of the tournament there's little room for downtime so it's of no surprise really that I suffered a maximum loss on Tuesday. These things happen and even though most of the loss has been recovered in the two wins I've had since, it goes to show how gruelling a test this is and that you're only ever a short distance away from making some costly mistakes if you're not on the ball 100% of the time.

So after 15 days of the tournament this is how my progress now compares to what I did in 2011 (click to enlarge):


Even though I'm ahead of last years figures it's uncanny how each line is following the other. A self fulfilling prophecy or is it just that I trade each segment of the competition in the same fashion?  I don't know the answer, but I'll be monitoring things closely to try and make sure I remain in front. My rather optimistic target figure now seems a long way away so I'll just try and focus on each event as it comes and hopefully my p&l will take care of the rest.

From a cricketing perspective there was one standout highlight this week - Chris Gayle hitting 5 consecutive 6's against Pune Warriors.  In their quest to chase down Pune's total of 182, Bangalore had been wallowing at 76/3 from 12 overs before the assault came.  Incredibly, despite needing 107 off the last 48 balls to win they did it.  If you missed the carnage here's a glimpse of what happened:
.

.

3 comments:

Delboy said...

Hi Mark,

Just came across your blog. Dont know how i didnt come across it before, It's a fantastic read.

I would like to exchange links with you if you would like. mine is http://firststepstrading.blogspot.com/

cheers

derek

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the kind words and I've added your blog to my blogroll - it comes up under the title 'Sports Trading'

All the best,

Mark

Delboy said...

Hi Mark,

Thank you for adding me, really appreciate it. i have added you to mine also

take care

Derek

www.stanjames.com