Saturday 12 May 2007

Tigers On Top

Daily P/L: £91.09
Monthly P/L: £128.09


I love trading rugby! Today was the Guinness Premiership Final between Leicester and Gloucester and with it being the climax to the English rugby calendar it promised to be a good match.

Leicester v Gloucester
Leicester have been awesome this season but even though they've got a very balanced squad I believe the secret to their success has been mainly down to one person - Alesana Tuilagi. The Samoan is a brute. He's huge and when in full flow does a great impression of Jonah Lomu - there are many players that have felt the full force of 'Alex' over the past 6 months and I don't think any of them enjoyed it! Anyway, since Leicester gave a very good Scarlets side a going over in the Heineken Cup Semi-Final I've acknowledged that there aren't many teams around that can beat them so with this in mind I noted that their pre-match price of 1.70 was rather high. I think this had been inflated due to Gloucester's demolition of Saracens last week but without their skipper, Marco Bortolami, Gloucester were going to have a much tougher proposition today. The game went according to plan with a tense opening 10 minutes followed by the Tigers shifting up several gears to run out convincing winners. Fortunately for me the first half provided enough opportunities to take strong positions and I was able to settle for a nice profit by half time.
.
May is starting to look a little rosier but I need to be cautious - there's a long way to go.
.

2 comments:

Admin said...

hej Mark, I joined the betfair blogspot community :) seems you have been on the right track wish you good luck to stay, I like your blog and made a reference to mine, if you do the same you are more than welcome . good luck mate.
http://xchangebettingsystems.blogspot.com/

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Darwin,

Thanks for the good wishes and thanks for the link. I'll add one to your site tonight.

All the best.

Mark

www.stanjames.com