Tuesday 28 August 2007

Bouncing Back

Since Last Post P/L: £119.88
Monthly P/L: £879.45
.
We're now into the last few days of the month and things are going well. I'm away in Dublin with work tomorrow and Thursday so there's only a couple of trading opportunities left before my first 12 months come to a close so I'm aiming to finish on a high. It's been a rollercoaster journey with plenty of ups and downs but I've loved every minute. Once the final figures are in I'll do a full review to see if I can pinpoint where the highs and lows were.
.
Worcestershire v Lancashire
Saturday was hot and sticky and so was I. After manoeuvring myself into a comfortable all green position I lost concentration and too be honest a little bit of interest. The Lancashire batting attack were doing their best to make a mess of things and even though I thought the Worcestershire price was too big I ended up entering the market at the wrong times. This all resulted in a heavy loss of £151.56 and left me scratching my head. After conducting a trading post mortem I noticed that whenever I trade for over three hours in any one session my performance declines. It appears that I end up losing a feel for the game and lose focus of what my aims are. After some thought I came up with the idea of introducing a new trading rule to combat my problem - I've named it the "3 hour rule" :-)
.
England v India - 3rd ODI
This was a lovely match to trade. England posted a very respectable 281-8 off their 50 overs and even though India have a tasty batting line-up it was always going to be a big ask to chase the target down at a testing Edgbaston. As soon as Tendulkar lost his wicket you got the feeling it was not a matter of "if" but "when" and I rode the England price down in stages. A profit of £259.10 in this match made up for my poor effort the previous day and I let out a loud sigh of relief.
.
Somerset v Leicestershire
By the time I turned on the TV Somerset were in a commanding position and trading at 1.18. I didn't have much confidence in Leicestershire turning things around so I took a couple of ticks where I could and gave up after 10 minutes. A small profit of £12.35 but it all counts!
.

No comments:

www.stanjames.com