Monday 2 April 2007

Only Fools Rush In

Daily P/L: £58.80
Monthly P/L: £58.80

Fortunately the first day of April didn't make me into a fool and I turned a profit. A bit of rugby and a bit of cricket was on the menu and all went well although a significant rise in stake sizes (due to my increased trading bank) always leaves me feeling a little uneasy for the first couple of days of the month.

Leicester v Stade Francais
This was always going to be a heavyweight clash and it didn't disappoint. An early try from Leicester set the wheels in motion and prices fluctuated nicely for the rest of the game. I ended up securing a green screen of £34.65.

Sri Lanka v West Indies
I like the Sri Lankans. They're full of quality and once I saw they'd knocked up 140 runs from 28 overs I was confident they'd hit a score of 300. I'd estimated a par score of 240 so when they finally reached 303 from their 50 overs I was very bullish that the West Indies wouldn't get anywhere near. They lost a couple of early wickets and as soon as Lara got run out it was 'game over'. A nice gain of £24.15 saw me record a very respectable total for the day.

I'm off to Amsterdam with work until late Wednesday but I'll be back and raring to go for the darts on Thursday.

.

1 comment:

STST said...

Hi Mark,

I play a bit, although not very well! Just for the moment down the 9 hole course at Castell Heights.

Been a bit busy lately, so I haven't had much time to do a lot of anything, trading or golf!

All the best

Gareth

www.stanjames.com